Monday, January 22, 2007

Until We Meet Again ...

My plane back to Ottawa is about to warm up on the runway.
(after a fabulous salmon lunch at McKelvie's, and a trip to The Book Room, Canada's oldest bookstore, which has been in Halifax since 1839).
Yes, it’s time to leave the Maritimes, this remarkable city (still very much my favourite in Canada to visit) and the best hosts you could ever ask for in our fair land.
(I felt truly honoured when one of the fabulous volunteers at Canadians — a former Ottawa resident who now happily, and luckily, calls Nova Scotia home as a Radio-Canada employee — said I would fit in very well as a Maritimer).
Reality check? You bet.
And with that, the Halifax Chronicles reaches its end, as well.
The blog started out as an experiment. A test to see whether this might just be the right way to connect with a group of people in today’s day and age.
Without a doubt, the answer was a resounding yes.
So many folks, I’m told, took this ‘alternative’ route to follow the tale of these Canadian championships. And, I must admit, I was literally overwhelmed by the positive feedback the blog received throughout the week. Many thanks for the kind words, and a hearty thank you to those who contributed to it all with the stories they were so willing to share.
As Christopher Mabee would put it ... I had a blast out there.
So much so, that I can say now that the blog isn’t just an experiment anymore. It is a living, breathing thing that, I surely hope, has plenty more tales to spin in the years ahead.
Safe travels, everyone.
2008 in Vancouver ... let’s call it a date, okay?

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thankyou thankyou thankyou for this fabulous blog of Canadians. It was the first thing I read every day and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad to hear you got lots of positive feedback. I hope it is no longer an experiment, and becomes a part of every Canadians (and every FS comp you attend!)

thankyou
Alison

Anonymous said...

jhkglxifu www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com kvhzrqwny [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton wallet for women[/url] ydhryzrjp
xvspmasmo www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com lqpwgshkw [url=http://www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com]louis vuitton discount[/url] nqmaxnlll
twbcygrnl www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbags.com ioeqvvhss [url=http://www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbags.com]louis vuitton bags on sale[/url] saxhkkdqb
hqgpjpwbe www.louisvuittonhandbagson-sale.com whuikscih [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagson-sale.com]louis vuitton wallets[/url] xwfvjatoo
dnthdqimo www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com oqiwhufqj [url=http://www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com]louis vuitton discount[/url] ckdbhnhab